vendredi 3 septembre 2010

The Billy Bee song

Who you buzzin round now
Billy bee, Billy bee,
who you buzzin round now?
Who you buzzin round now, Billy bee,
why you buzzin round her not me?
Could it be your honey Billy

it ain't good enough, enough 

for me Billy, honey, bee;

could it be you got enough for a lotta queen bees
Billy honey Billy bee?

Why you telling me Billy

that you wanna be with me

Billy oh you lied to me!

Why you say you gonna pollinate my flower Billy,

say you gonna make a hive with me?

Then I hear you're buzzin round

with another yellowjacket

bee bee wasn't me

billy made a pick a bee bee

billy bee bee wasn't me

Now I gotta tell you that this little baby bee
she ain't cryin in her honey tea,

cause she knows she's got another boy bee

that's a hornet, got a real stinger, he.

Oh I promise that I'll never think of you

bee Billy promise not to think of me -

cause it's with you Billy that I'll never be Billy

I don't wanna be with Billy bee.

Extraordinaire chanson d'une géniale inconnue, diffusée aujourd'hui sur WFMU, peut-être ce que j'ai entendu de plus beau ces dernières semaines. Elle figure sur la compilation "freak folk" : Potatoes (Ralph records,1987), où elle côtoie Negativland, The residents ou Half Japanese entre autres. L'album est intégralement en écoute sur WFMU's beware of the blog.






3 commentaires:

Sylviane a dit…

C'est très original cette comptine, Stéphane (c'est toi qui chante ?). Sinon tu apprécies la musique bretonne ? J'ai personnellement un faible pour Manau ("dans la vallée" : super paroles et musiques, tu connais?)On en recause quand tu veux.
Grosses bises.
PS : Calmez vous les filles! laissez m'en un peu!!! (rires)

Sylviane (Blanchard) a dit…

Moi en tant que Sylviane je ne vais pas couper les cheveux en quatre, Stéphane : je t'aime. Éperdument.

Sylviane (Mutinard) a dit…

Mon dieu, quel coup de crayon tu as Stéphane...